Wednesday, July 10, 2013

GIVING BACK

 
My sister, Missy, owns and operates a marvelous quilt show in Hershey, PA called Quilt Odyssey (www.quiltodyssey.com).  Part of the activities during the four days the show runs is a large sewing area with many new sewing machines and one indefatigable staff member, Sue, who assists and directs the varied efforts of visiting quilters who want to leave something behind to pass on to others in the form of donation quilts for sick children.
 
In her free time (hah!), Missy also makes quilts to give to others in need, and this year she asked me to do the quilting on two of them that she had finished in time to be included with the Quilt Odyssey group.

 
I wish I could figure out how to turn this picture, but you get the idea.  I liked the bold dark stripe across this quilt.  Most of the time I have so much fun quilting for others, even if the quilting requested is a simple pantograph.  No matter what you put on your quilt, the stitches bring to life the beauty and design of your quilt, and for me, it's almost magic to see the gradual metamorphosis.
 
Both of these quilts were quilted with pantographs.  If you would like to see the stitching a little better, click on either picture for a magnified view.

No comments:

Post a Comment