Friday, February 22, 2019

Cute Pattern

One of my quilt guild buddies, Norma, brought me an adorable quilt made with 30's fabrics.  It consisted of blocks of appliqued primitive flowers with pretty sashing in between and a nice border.
Now, I shudder when I have to quilt around applique, but Norma saved my day by wanting a nice old fashioned grid over her posies!  We agreed on a quilt map, and I went to work:
  
The only thing I wasn't crazy about was the somewhat cold or harsh appearance of the points where the grid lines met, so I found a sweet new pattern where those points were softened into curves.  If you click on the map above, you can see what I mean.

Here are some blocks from her quilt.  Aren't they pretty?


She chose feathers for the wide sashings:


And a scalloped pattern for the outer border, but, as usual, I forgot to photograph the entire finished product. However, you can see the pattern on the map.

I used the same soft grid on another quilt made by my Sisty, but that will be for another day.


No comments:

Post a Comment