Monday, February 18, 2019

"Pilgrim's" Progress

You know how John Wayne used to call all the novice settlers and those just passing through his town Pilgrims?  He was referrng to the definition of those who journey to a foreign land, often for religious reasons.  It also refers to those whose journey is to a place of special significance.

That could be my Lurkim.  My studio.  My sanctuary.  But it also means to me my journey to the somewhat elusive land of DONE!  Today I got a little closer to DONE on two projects.



This is the graduation quilt I am making for #4 grandson, Adrian, who graduates high school in May.  From there he has decided to go into the Armed Forces -- Navy, I think.  He hasn't quite settled on what he wants to do for the rest of his life, so he' s going to go off into the world and see what's out there.  This very patriotic quilt is to honor his decision.  Of course, he can't take it with him, but it will rest on his bed until he returns for leave and later finishes his commitment.

The second project is a mystery quilt that I started more than a year ago.  It's done in rows, and this is number five out of seven. So I still have two more rows to finish, but I used to have three, so that's  this pilgrim's progress for the day.




No comments:

Post a Comment